2016 was a year of enormous transformation for myself. I learnt so much about life and about myself. I went out of my comfort zone and did so many things for the first time so I thought I would make a list of all the things I did for the first time in 2016. Some may be the first time for a while and most are for the first time ever. This list will range from new countries visited to having my first nature poo. Yeah, you read that right. So here goes. Oh and PS, there will definitely be some ridiculous stuff in here.
PPS I am 23 years old and you may be thinking what the fu**…that was your first time doing that?! Why yes, yes it was.
- Nature Poo! – I had to put this first. My friends like to sing a song about this. Weird I know. This was actually during a San Pedro ceremony haha!
- Ate out for the first time in 4 years (not the first time ever but I thought this deserved to be in here)
- Drank Ayahuasca
- Drank San Pedro
- Saw Forrest Gump – I know, I know. I can’t believe it either
- Ate peanut butter 😮
- Smoked ANYTHING (tobacco, weed etc) – “WHAT?!”
- Drank alcohol for the first time in 4 years
- Played football properly for the first time in 6 years! (Smiling as I am writing this 😀)
- Played golf properly for the first time in 5 years
- Missed a flight
- Flushed my sunglasses down the toilet…seriously
- Went vegan
- Started a blog
- Climbed a mountain
- Tried Cannabis
- Went to a club
- Realised this life is all a dream…
- Ziplined over a valley!
- Climbed over 4700 metres
- Met a Shaman
- Got a tattoo (ended up with 3…)
- Went to Canada, Ecuador & Peru
- Got on a plane for the first time in 4 years (ended up flying 16 times…sorry Mother Earth)
- Cleaned a toilet (still not use to it)
- Made a vlog!
- Lived in a tent for more than a week
- Participated in a sweat lodge
- Travelled alone
- Tried Rapé (powdered tobacco/shamanic snuff)
- Got lost in a foreign city
- Sat on a toilet with no seat/squatted…
I am sure this isn’t everything but you get the gist, I did a lot of new things in 2016. May 2017 be filled with new and wonderful experiences for you and I both.
Remember, life starts at the end of your comfort zone 😉
Have a beautiful day, a beautiful 2017 and a beautiful life.